A federal judge ruled on Tuesday that a five-year-old Minnesota boy and his father cannot be immediately deported, one week after their arrest sparked international outrage.
A Texas-based judge issued an order saying Liam Ramos, the preschooler, and his father, Adrian Conejo Arias, cannot be removed or transferred out of the judicial district where they are being held while the litigation challenging their detention proceeds.
A federal judge ruled on Tuesday that a five-year-old Minnesota boy and his father cannot be immediately deported, one week after their arrest sparked international outrage.
A Texas-based judge issued an order saying Liam Ramos, the preschooler, and his father, Adrian Conejo Arias, cannot be removed or transferred out of the judicial district where they are being held while the litigation challenging their detention proceeds.
Liam’s arrest seven days prior went viral and became a symbol of the Trump administration’s relentless crackdown on immigrant communities in the Minneapolis region. Attorneys for the family have said the father and son have an active asylum case and had entered the US at an authorized port of entry.
Officials at Liam’s school district spoke out about his arrest last week, saying the boy and his father were detained as they returned home from school. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) defended the arrest, arguing that US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) was conducting a “targeted operation” to detain the boy’s father.



Sami al-Saei said he heard the Israeli prison guards who raped him laughing through the assault,...
Huda Abu Abed feared only long waits and Israeli checks when she was told she could...
The Israeli Prison Service has begun preparations to introduce the death penalty for Palestinian prisoners, Israeli...
At least 12 Palestinians were killed and several more injured across the Gaza Strip on Sunday...





























