The U.S. has yet to secure funding commitments for its Gaza reconstruction plan as potential donors voice concerns that disagreements over Hamas disarmament could lead Israel to resume full-scale war in the enclave, sources told Reuters.
Hamas laying down its weapons is a key requirement under Donald Trump's plan to end the Gaza war. It calls for Israel's military to withdraw troops as Hamas disarms and for Gaza's reconstruction to be overseen by a "Board of Peace" chaired by the U.S. President.
Funding withheld over fears of war restarting, sources say
Push for UN, not Board, to run Gaza funds, diplomats say
No major pledges; Gulf, West hesitate
Two sources with direct knowledge of the Board's planning said that countries were hesitant to commit funds to a rebuilding plan unveiled last month by Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, until Hamas disarms.



US special envoy for Syria Tom Barrack defended the Syrian government on Tuesday after Israeli air...
The Palestinian American whose home in the occupied West Bank has been besieged by Israeli settlers...
President Volodymyr Zelensky said Tuesday, Aug. 18 that Kyiv and Brussels are working on finalizing a...





























