TV News LIES

Thursday, May 21st

Last update06:56:46 AM GMT

You are here News War Iran rejects Trump's 15-point peace proposal with five conditions of its own

Iran rejects Trump's 15-point peace proposal with five conditions of its own

E-mail Print PDF

Iraniians in Revolutuinary SquareIran has rejected a US proposal to end the war with the Islamic Republic, setting out its own conditions for peace according to state media, even as Iran's foreign minister said Tehran does not plan to negotiate with the US.

Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said on Wednesday that Iran intended to keep fighting, after US President Donald Trump said Washington had proposed a peace plan.

"At present, our policy is the continuation of resistance," Araghchi said on state TV.

"We do not intend to negotiate. So far, no negotiations have taken place, and I believe our position is completely principled," adding that Iran is sending messages through mediators but has not spoken to the US.

Araghchi, however, added that Iran demands a permanent end to the war and compensation for destruction. He also taunted the US, saying it had failed to protect Gulf states despite its bases in the region.

His statements came after a report detailing Iran's response to a US proposal to end the war. 

"Iran has responded negatively" to the American proposal, an unidentified official told Iran’s Press TV on Wednesday, referring to a 15-point ceasefire deal floated by the Trump administration and delivered to the Iranians by Pakistan.

"The end of the war will occur when Iran decides it should end, not when Trump envisions its conclusion," the Iranian official added.

More...


Most Recent Related Stories...


Acting Navy secretary: Taiwan weapons sales paused to ensure munitions for Iran war

Hung CaoActing Navy Secretary Hung Cao said Thursday the U.S. is pausing a $14 billion arms sale...

Somali Pirates Demand $10M Ransom for Oil Tanker Owned by Emirati Company

Home of Somali ipiratesAmid ongoing disruptions to maritime shipping in the Middle East due to the closure of the...

Hezbollah drones limiting 80 percent of Israeli troop assaults in Lebanon

Hezbollah drones limmit Israeli attacksHezbollah’s drone capabilities are limiting 80 percent of Israeli assaults on southern Lebanon, according to a...

Trump calls Iran response to peace plan 'unacceptable.' What we know

President of IranPresident Donald Trump declined Iran's response to his peace framework to end hostilities in the war,...
 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!