The top UN human rights official has denounced Myanmar's "brutal security operation" against Rohingya in Rakhine state, which he said was "clearly disproportionate" to militia attacks carried out last month.
Zeid Ra'ad al-Hussein, addressing the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva on Monday, said that more than 270,000 people had fled to Bangladesh, with more trapped on the border, amid reports of the burning of villages and extrajudicial killings.
"I call on the government to end its current cruel military operation, with accountability for all violations that have occurred, and to reverse the pattern of severe and widespread discrimination against the Rohingya population," Zeid said.
"The situation seems a textbook example of ethnic cleansing."



Israeli authorities have formally allowed Jewish prayer for the first time inside Al-Aqsa Mosque in occupied...
Haitham Rashaidh was among the last to leave his home near Ein al-Auja, a natural spring...
Life under genocide has its familiar daily rituals. A discerning eye detects latent horrors in the...
Home demolitions by Israeli forces; attacks on healthcare infrastructure, homes, and schools; mass displacement of Palestinians;...





























