TV News LIES

Saturday, Aug 30th

Last update08:44:22 AM GMT

You are here News International Trump administration to destroy nearly $10m of contraceptives for women overseas

Trump administration to destroy nearly $10m of contraceptives for women overseas

E-mail Print PDF

Trump stops contraceptivesThe Trump administration has decided to destroy $9.7m worth of contraceptives rather than send them abroad to women in need.

A state department spokesperson confirmed that the decision had been made – a move that will cost US taxpayers $167,000. The contraceptives are primarily long-acting, such as IUDs and birth control implants, and were almost certainly intended for women in Africa, according to two senior congressional aides, one of whom visited a warehouse in Belgium that housed the contraceptives. It is not clear to the aides whether the destruction has already been carried out, but said they had been told that it was set to occur by the end of July.

“It is unacceptable that the State Department would move forward with the destruction of more than $9m in taxpayer-funded family planning commodities purchased to support women in crisis settings, including war zones and refugee camps,” Jeanne Shaheen, a Democratic senator from New Hampshire, said in a statement. Shaheen and Brian Schatz, a Democratic senator from Hawaii, have introduced legislation to stop the destruction.

More...


Most Recent Related Stories...


NBC News analysis finds that Israel hit Gaza hospital four times

Gaza hospitalThe Israeli military struck Nasser Hospital at least four times during its morning attack on southern...

European leaders outraged after Russian strikes kill 23 and damage EU's HQ

EU hq hit by RussiaThe head of the European Union's executive Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, has spoken of her...

Court blocks Trump bid to end protections for 600,000 Venezuelans

Court blocks lifting protection for 600,000 VenezuelansA federal appeals court on Friday blocked Donald Trump’s plans to end protections for 600,000 people...

Zelensky furious as Hungary hands Ukrainian drone chief entry ban

ZelenskyyThe Hungarian government has imposed a three-year entry ban to the Schengen Area on the head...
 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!