Former Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte will remain in detention at the International Criminal Court after appeals judges on Friday rejected a request to release him on health grounds.
The octogenarian is facing charges of crimes against humanity for his alleged involvement in dozens of killings as part of his so-called war on drugs when in office, first as the mayor of a southern city and later as president.
Duterte’s lawyers failed to show that an October decision by lower chamber was unreasonable, Judge Luz del Carmen Ibáñez Carranza said, addressing the full courtroom in The Hague.
The former president was not in court on Friday.
Last month, judges decided to keep Duterte in custody, finding that he was likely to refuse to return for trial and could use his freedom to intimidate witnesses.



Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu should be quaking in his boots at the decisive victory of...
Vladimir Putin has said that the outline of a draft peace plan discussed by the US...
The suspected shooter of two national guard members in Washington DC on Wednesday worked with CIA-backed...
Israeli forces launched an extensive military assault on the northern occupied West Bank city of Tubas...





























