TV News LIES

Wednesday, Feb 18th

Last update09:10:23 AM GMT

You are here News International Families of two men killed in Trump’s military boat strikes sue US government

Families of two men killed in Trump’s military boat strikes sue US government

E-mail Print PDF

Men killed by US strikes in CaribbeanCivil rights attorneys filed a federal lawsuit against the United States government on Tuesday on behalf of the families of two men from a small fishing village in Trinidad who were killed in a US military airstrike on a small boat in the Caribbean Sea on 14 October.

The lawsuit, shared in advance with the Guardian, says that Chad Joseph, 26, and Rishi Samaroo, 41, both of Las Cuevas, Trinidad, were returning to Trinidad from Venezuela when they and four other people were killed in the strike. It was the fifth attack announced by the White House under Donald Trump’s campaign against the small go-fast boats the administration claims are connected to cartels and gangs.

The suit was filed four days after the administration announced the 36th such boat attack on Friday, this one in the eastern Pacific. The death toll of the boat strikes stands around at least 117 people dead so far.

The lawsuit said the strikes were illegal. “These premeditated and intentional killings lack any plausible legal justification,” the lawsuit said. “Thus, they were simply murder, ordered at the highest levels of government and obeyed by military officers in the chain of command.”

Legal scholars have said the strikes, launched against civilians in boats far from the US, are violations of domestic and international law. The Trump administration maintains they are legal, under a secret opinion written by the justice department that argues the US is in an armed conflict with cartels and that the laws of war apply to the strikes.

More...

 


Most Recent Related Stories...


Zelensky Says 2,000 Children Rescued From Russia

2000 Ukranian chihldren rescuedTwo thousand Ukrainian children have successfully been recovered from Russian control as part of the Bring...

Epstein survivor Juliette Bryant says she was trafficked from South Africa

Juliette BryantJuliette Bryant says she first met Jeffrey Epstein when she was a 20-year-old psychology and philosophy...

US judge blocks deportation of Palestinian activist Mohsen Mahdawi

Palestinian activsit dwporation blockedAn immigration judge has blocked the Trump administration from deporting Mohsen Mahdawi, a 34-year-old Columbia University...

Hamas Says It Will Not Unilaterally Disarm as Trump and Netanyahu Threaten a Return to Full-Scale War

Hamas will not disarm aloneAs President Donald Trump prepares to convene the first official meeting of his speciously named Board...
 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!