Force must be used to liberate South Lebanon because Israel will never be convinced to withdraw through negotiations alone, senior Hezbollah official Nawaf Moussawi told Middle East Eye.
Speaking to MEE in a wide-ranging interview at his Beirut office, Moussawi insisted that Lebanese-Israeli negotiations would remain fruitless as long as President Joseph Aoun comes to the table lacking any sort of leverage over the Israelis.
Moussawi, who, as head of Hezbollah’s border and resources department, is responsible for many Israeli affairs, said the Lebanese armed movement will continue to fight the occupying troops until they completely depart from his country.
“Is there international pressure that would compel the Israelis to withdraw? So far, there is not, just as there was not in Palestine,” he said.



An Israeli drone attack on a cafe in the port area west of Gaza City on...
US special envoy for Syria Tom Barrack defended the Syrian government on Tuesday after Israeli air...
For the 12th consecutive day, three Palestinian families, comprising 10 people, including two young children, have...
President Volodymyr Zelensky said Tuesday, Aug. 18 that Kyiv and Brussels are working on finalizing a...





























