TV News LIES

Saturday, Aug 22nd

Last update09:06:03 AM GMT

You are here All News At a Glance Special Interest Glance

6 injured after stabbings at NYC's Penn Station, fire department says

Penn StationSix people were injured, and a suspect is in custody on June 7 after stabbings were reported at Penn Station in New York City, the city's fire department said.

At around 7 p.m. local time, fire crews and emergency medical services received a 911 call reporting that a person stabbed multiple people at Penn Station, the New York City Fire Department told USA TODAY. The fire department found one victim with a serious injury, two with moderate injuries, and three with minor injuries.

Five people were transported to Bellevue Hospital and one person was transported to Cornell Hospital, the fire department said in a statement.

The suspect was taken into custody, according to the fire department. The agency did not provide further details on the incident.

"Earlier this afternoon, Amtrak Police responded to a reported stabbing at New York Penn Station. The suspect has been apprehended and an investigation is underway," an Amtrak spokesperson said in a statement to USA TODAY.

More...

 

Trump directs legal migrants to return to home country to apply for green cards

Green CardThe Trump administration on Friday announced prospective immigrants would need to return to their home country to apply for green cards, a move that would stifle the most common pathway used for legal immigration.

Under the new USCIS policy, those who have already legally lived and worked in the U.S. for years would have to return to their home country to apply to return.

Meanwhile, the State Department has halted immigrant visa processing in 75 different countries.

“We’re returning to the original intent of the law to ensure aliens navigate our nation’s immigration system properly. From now on, an alien who is in the U.S. temporarily and wants a Green Card must return to their home country to apply, except in extraordinary circumstances,” USCIS spokesperson Zach Kahler said in a release.
GOP Senators clash with Trump over $1.8B DOJ fund (WEB)

“This policy allows our immigration system to function as the law intended instead of incentivizing loopholes. When aliens apply from their home country, it reduces the need to find and remove those who decide to slip into the shadows and remain in the U.S. illegally after being denied residency.”

Immigrants in the U.S. have been able to apply for an “adjustment of status” — a process that allows them to shift between various permissions over their time in the country. A student or someone with work authorization may seek permanent residency, for example, as could someone who marries a U.S. citizen.

More...

Nobel laureate Narges Mohammadi is transferred to a Tehran hospital, her foundation says

Nobel laureate Narges MohammediNobel Peace laureate and activist Narges Mohammadi has been transferred to a Tehran hospital more than a week after collapsing in prison, her foundation said Sunday.

Her transfer comes after days of pleading by her family and others who described her condition as critical. Her foundation said she has been granted a prison sentence suspension on bail. It was not clear for how long her sentence is suspended, the foundation said.

A statement from her foundation, shared with The Associated Press, said the suspended sentence is not enough and that Mohammadi needs “permanent, specialized care.”

The statement added that “we must ensure she never returns to prison to face the 18 years remaining on her sentence. Now is the time to demand her unconditional freedom and the dismissal of all charges.”

More...

 

Javier Bardem shrugs at losing out on jobs over his Palestine support

Javier BardemJavier Bardem has no qualms after losing jobs over his support of Palestine.

The "Cape Fear" actor opened up about how his recent outspoken anti-war sentiments, including saying, "No to war, free Palestine" on the Oscars stage to applause, have actually resulted in some in Hollywood cutting ties.

In an interview with Variety published Tuesday, May 5, Bardem said he has received some industry pushback over his stance.

"Yes, I've heard things: 'They were going to call you about that project, but that's gone.' Or 'this brand was going to ask you to do the campaign, but they cannot,'" Bardem told the outlet. But that doesn't mean Bardem has had trouble working.

More,,,

 

Russia Said to Be Assisting Iran in Conflict With the US

Putin helping IranThe head of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Dan Kane, said Russia is providing assistance to Iran amid Tehran’s confrontation with the US, according to remarks made during a US Senate hearing on Thursday.

Speaking at a public session of the Senate Armed Services Committee, Kane told lawmakers that Russian President Vladimir Putin is supporting Iran’s military efforts, British newspaper The Guardian reported.

Kane declined to provide details about the nature of Russia’s assistance, citing the open setting of the hearing, but said: “There is definitely some action going on there.”

The committee’s chairman, Republican Senator Roger Wicker, agreed with Kane’s assessment.

“There is no doubt that Putin’s Russia is taking serious steps to undermine our efforts to achieve success in Iran,” Wicker said.

More...

Meet the lib bros: The young straight White men punching back at Trump

Jared ShultJared Shult flailed both arms during the first weekend of Coachella like the kind of inflatable figure that sits outside a used car lot in a small American town.

"Imagine hating on me when this is the vibe I'm on," he captioned an Instagram video post of his moves at the California music and arts festival on April 13. "Trump has more rhythm than you bro," one user commented. "Damn, that's a low blow," Shult, 22, replied with two crying emojis.

As Shult buoyed his reputation with over 500,000 followers across Instagram, TikTok, and X, a fellow influencer jabbed at the Trump administration.

One day earlier, the 23-year-old Harry Sisson, who boasts 3.9 million followers between Instagram, TikTok and X, posted that "JD Vance is on a generational losing streak. Keep it up JD!"

More...

 

Trump Announces 3-Week Extension of Israel-Lebanon Truce

Marco RubioUS President Donald Trump announced the extension of the truce between Israel and Lebanon for an additional three weeks following talks with representatives from both countries, Ukrinform reported.

On Thursday, in a post on Truth Social, Trump said senior Israeli and Lebanese representatives met in the Oval Office alongside Vice President JD Vance, Secretary of State Marco Rubio, US Ambassador to Israel Mike Huckabee, and US Ambassador to Lebanon Michelle Issa.

“The meeting went very well,” Trump said, adding that the US would continue working with Lebanon to help defend itself against Hezbollah.

Trump said he looked forward to meeting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Lebanese President Joseph Aoun in the near future, describing the talks as a “very historic meeting.”

More...

Page 3 of 175

 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!