TV News LIES

Saturday, Aug 30th

Last update08:28:57 AM GMT

You are here All News At a Glance

NATO to coordinate regular and large-scale arm deliveries to Ukraine. Most will be bought in the US

Ukraine military recruitNATO has started coordinating regular deliveries of large weapons packages to Ukraine after the Netherlands said it would provide air defense equipment, ammunition and other military aid worth 500 million euros ($578 million).

Sweden also announced Tuesday it would contribute $275 million to a joint effort along with its Nordic neighbors Denmark and Norway to provide $500 million worth of air defenses, anti-tank weapons, ammunition and spare parts.

Two deliveries of equipment, most of it bought in the United States, are expected this month, although the Nordic package is expected to arrive in September. The equipment is supplied based on Ukraine’s priority needs on the battlefield. NATO allies then locate the weapons and ammunition and send them on.

“Packages will be prepared rapidly and issued on a regular basis,” NATO said Monday.

More...

 

State Department may require some visa applicants to post bond of up to $15,000

RubioThe State Department is proposing requiring applicants for business and tourist visas to post a bond of up to $15,000 to enter the United States, a move that may make the process unaffordable for many.

In a notice to be published in the Federal Register on Tuesday, the department said it would start a 12-month pilot program under which people from countries deemed to have high overstay rates and deficient internal document security controls could be required to post bonds of $5,000, $10,000 or $15,000 when they apply for a visa.

The proposal comes as the Trump administration is tightening requirements for visa applicants. Last week, the State Department announced that many visa renewal applicants would have to submit to an additional in-person interview, something that was not required in the past. In addition, the department is proposing that applicants for the Visa Diversity Lottery program have valid passports from their country of citizenship.

A preview of the bond notice, which was posted on the Federal Register website on Monday, said the pilot program would take effect within 15 days of its formal publication and is necessary to ensure that the U.S. government is not financially liable if a visitor does not comply with the terms of his or her visa.

More...

US judge blocks Trump officials from diverting disaster prevention grants

Jusge Richard StearnsA federal judge blocked the Trump administration on Tuesday from diverting funds from a multibillion-dollar grant program designed to protect communities against natural disasters.

US district judge Richard Stearns in Boston issued a preliminary injunction preventing the government from spending money allocated to the Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (Bric) program for other purposes.

Twenty mostly Democratic-led states sued the administration last month, saying the Federal Emergency Management Agency (Fema) lacked power to cancel the Bric program without congressional approval.

Fema is part of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Neither agency immediately responded to requests for comment.

Created in 2018 during Donald Trump’s first term, the Bric program helps state and local governments protect major infrastructure such as roads and bridges before the occurrence of floods, hurricanes and other disasters.

According to the lawsuit, Fema approved about $4.5bn in grants for nearly 2,000 projects, primarily in coastal states, over the last four years.

But the agency announced in April it would end the program, calling it wasteful, ineffective and politicized.

More...

 

US immigration to hold 1,000 detainees in Indiana after deal with prison system

Deal for 1,000 detainees made with Indiana prisonUS Immigration and Customs Enforcement (Ice) is expanding its detention capacity by 1,000 beds in Indiana through a partnership with the mIce will be housing detainees at the Miami correctional center, a prison run by the Indiana department of corrections. The move is part of the US government’s rapid expansion of immigration jails after Donald Trump’s sweeping spending bill allotted roughly $170bn to Ice, an extraordinary sum making the agency the most heavily funded law enforcement department within the federal government.idwest state’s prison system, federal officials announced on Tuesday.

 

Kristi Noem, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) secretary, said the Indiana facility would be called the “Speedway Slammer”, following last month’s opening of the so-called “Alligator Alcatraz” immigration jail in Florida, in collaboration with Ron DeSantis, the state’s Republican governor.

Noem claimed Tuesday that the Indiana prison would house “some of the worst of the worst” of undocumented people, echoing DHS’ repeated claims about the targets of its enforcement. But records from the jail in the remote Florida Everglades, which critics have called a concentration camp, cast doubts on those assertions.
Reporting from the Miami Herald and Tampa Bay Times last month found more than 250 people detained at the jail who have no criminal convictions or pending charges in the US, despite state and federal officials saying the jail was for “vicious” and “deranged psychopaths” facing deportation. Those newspapers also recently reported that a 15-year-old boy with no criminal record was sent to the jail, which is not supposed to house youths – a mistake the jail claimed was due to the boy “misrepresenting” his age.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Israeli drone strike kills 1 in eastern Lebanon, in new ceasefire breach

Israel drone hits LebanonAn Israeli drone strike killed one person in Baalbek in eastern Lebanon on Tuesday night, marking a fresh violation of last year’s ceasefire agreement, the Health Ministry said.

A ministry statement said that the strike targeted the town of Brital, southeast of Baalbek, without giving further details.

Lebanon’s state news agency NNA said an Israeli drone fired three missiles at a civilian car on a road in Brital.

There was no immediate comment from the Israeli army on the report.

Earlier Tuesday, local media reported low-altitude overflights by Israeli drones in southern Lebanon, including the Tyre district and the al-Qasimiyeh and Jouar areas.

More...

 

Trump Cuts Deal With Rupert Murdoch Related To WSJ Lawsuit Over Epstein Story

Murdoch and TrumpDonald Trump and Wall Street Journal owner Rupert Murdoch on Monday struck a deal related to the president’s lawsuit against the paper over its publication of a story detailing a “bawdy” birthday message Trump allegedly wrote to sex offender Jeffrey Epstein in 2003.

While Trump had initially sought to have Murdoch deposed swiftly, citing, in part, his advanced age and long-standing health issues, the president has now agreed to remove that request, according to a Monday court filing first reported by Politico’s Josh Gerstein.

Trump sued Murdoch, the Journal’s publisher and the reporters who authored an article the newspaper published last month reporting that the president wrote a lewd message to Epstein as part of an album British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell compiled for the disgraced financier’s 50th birthday in 2003. Epstein died in jail in 2019 while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges.

Trump has denied writing the letter, attacking the newspaper for publishing its story and taking legal action over the report.

Monday’s agreement stipulates that until the “Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss the Complaint is adjudicated, the Parties agree not to engage in discovery.”

More...

Ukrainian drone attack sets Russian oil depot on fire as Zelenskyy announces prisoner exchange

Ukraine hits Russian baseAn overnight Ukrainian drone attack on an oil depot near Russia’s Black Sea resort of Sochi sparked a major fire, Russian officials said Sunday, as the two countries traded strikes and the Ukrainian president announced a prisoner exchange.

More than 120 firefighters attempted to extinguish the blaze, which was caused by debris from a downed drone striking a fuel tank, Krasnodar regional Gov. Veniamin Kondratyev said on Telegram. Videos on social media appeared to show huge pillars of smoke billowing above the oil depot.

Russia’s civil aviation authority, Rosaviatsia, temporarily stopped flights at Sochi’s airport.

Farther north, authorities in the Voronezh region reported that four people were wounded in another Ukrainian drone strike.

Russia’s Defense Ministry said its air defenses shot down 93 Ukrainian drones over Russia and the Black Sea overnight into Sunday.

More...

Two killed and six wounded in mass shooting at LA music festival afterparty

2 Killed, 6 Wounded in LA after partyTwo people were killed and six others were wounded in a mass shooting at a music festival afterparty in downtown Los Angeles early on Monday, officials said.

Police first responded around 11pm on Sunday evening to shut down a “big party” after officers saw a person possibly armed with a gun go inside a building in the city’s warehouse district, Los Angeles police department spokesperson Norma Eisenman told the Associated Press. That person was arrested at the scene, she said.

The event was billed on social media as an unofficial afterparty for Hard Summer, a weekend festival for house and techno music that took place in Hollywood Park by SoFi stadium, which is located in Inglewood in south LA, the Los Angeles Times reported.

LAPD received reports of shots fired at the afterparty around 1am on Sunday, after officers had cleared the area. When police returned, they found one person had died and learned multiple people had been hit by bullets, Eisenman said.

One man died at the scene and a woman died at a hospital, the spokesperson said. Six people were taken to hospitals in unknown condition, she said.

More...

Central California issues evacuation orders after wildfire burns 72,000 acres

Calif. wildfiresA huge wildfire in central California has threatened hundreds of homes, with blazes churning through the brush-covered hillsides in Los Padres national forest.

At least three people were reported injured, and more than 450 structures were under threat by the Gifford fire, officials said on Monday.

The fire had scorched more than 72,000 acres (29,000 hectares)as of Monday evening, after the blaze grew out of several smaller fires that erupted Friday along State Route 166 between Santa Maria and Bakersfield.

The fire was burning along coastal Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties, north of Los Angeles.

By Monday night, the fire was considered 5% contained, according to the CalFire state agency. Officials had earlier cautioned residents conditions could rapidly change due to erratic fire behavior. Hotter and drier weather in the forecast is expected to “facilitate rapid and sustained fire growth”, according to an incident report issued on Monday.

More...

 

Page 16 of 1151

 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!