TV News LIES

Saturday, Aug 30th

Last update08:44:22 AM GMT

You are here All News At a Glance

UCLA agrees to $6.5m settlement with Jewish students over pro-Palestinian protests

UCLA pays $6.5m to Jewish students

The University of California, Los Angeles, will pay nearly $6.5m to settle a lawsuit by Jewish students and a professor who said the university allowed antisemitic discrimination to take place on campus during last year’s pro-Palestinian protests.

The lawsuit alleged that with the “knowledge and acquiescence” of university officials, protesters prevented Jewish students from accessing parts of campus, and made antisemitic threats. Under the settlement agreement announced on Tuesday, the university admitted it had “fallen short” and agreed to pay $2.33m to eight groups that support UCLA’s Jewish community, $320,000 to a campus initiative to fight antisemitism, and $50,000 to each plaintiff.

“We are pleased with the terms of today’s settlement. The injunction and other terms UCLA has agreed to demonstrate real progress in the fight against antisemitism,” the parties said in a joint statement provided by the University of California.

On Tuesday, the Trump administration announced the US Department of Justice’s civil rights division found UCLA violated the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment and Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, “by acting with deliberate indifference in creating a hostile educational environment for Jewish and Israeli students”.

More...


Search under way for US sailor missing from USS George Washington in sea north of Australia

Sailor overboardA search-and-rescue mission is under way in the Timor Sea for a US sailor believed to have gone overboard from the USS George Washington on Monday.

The aircraft carrier and its carrier strike group are conducting search-and-rescue operations in the sea, after “reports of a possible sailor overboard” on Monday afternoon, the US navy said in a statement.

Border Force are assisting in the search.

The sailor’s name or rank, or the circumstances of the incident, has not been disclosed.

A spokesperson for the Australian Department of Defence said the ADF was called in to support US search efforts “for a sailor … who was reported missing in the Timor Sea”.

“Australian Defence Force-owned and Australian Border Force-contracted assets are supporting the search, including Royal Australian Air Force P8-A Poseidon aircraft and Royal Australian Navy Cape Class Patrol Boat ADV Cape Otway.”

More...

8.8-magnitude earthquake sets off tsunami warnings in Japan, Alaska and Hawaii

Russian quakeOne of the world's strongest earthquakes struck Russia's Far East early Wednesday, an 8.8-magnitude temblor that set off a tsunami in the northern Pacific region and prompted warnings for Alaska, Hawaii and south toward New Zealand.

Tsunami warning sirens blared Tuesday in Honolulu and people moved to higher ground.

The Japan Meteorological Agency said a first tsunami wave of about 30 centimeters (about 1 foot) reached Nemuro on the eastern coast of Hokkaido.

Damage and evacuations were reported in the Russian regions nearest the quake's epicenter on the Kamchatka Peninsula.

The first tsunami wave hit the coastal area of Severo-Kurilsk, the main settlement on Russia's Kuril Islands in the Pacific, according to the local governor Valery Limarenko. He said residents were safe and staying on high ground until the threat of a repeat wave was gone.

More...

Senate confirms Emil Bove to appeals court despite whistleblower complaints, controversy

Emil BoveThe Senate on Tuesday confirmed Emil Bove to the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, launching President Trump’s former personal lawyer to a lifetime appointment on the bench amid a series of whistleblower complaints about his conduct.

Bove, currently in the No. 3 role at the Justice Department, is the subject of three different complaints in recent weeks, with two alleging he suggested violating court orders and a third saying he reportedly misled Congress on the dropping of bribery charges against New York https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/5426437-senate-confirms-emil-bove-appeals-court/Mayor Eric Adams (D).

His nomination was confirmed with a 50-49 vote, with Republican Sens. Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) and Susan Collins (Maine) crossing the aisle to join all Democrats in opposing his nomination.

More...

 

 

The First Planned Migration of an Entire Country Is Underway

TuvaluTuvalu is preparing to carry out the first planned migration of an entire country in response to the effects of climate change. Recent studies project that much of its territory could be submerged in the next 25 years due to rising sea levels, forcing its inhabitants to consider migration as an urgent survival measure.

This island nation in Oceania is made up of nine coral islands and atolls inhabited by just over 11,000 people. The country’s average altitude is just 2 meters above sea level, making it extremely vulnerable to rising oceans, flooding, and storm surges, all exacerbated by the climate crisis.

A study by NASA’s Sea Level Change Team revealed that, in 2023, the sea level in Tuvalu was 15 centimeters higher than the average recorded over the previous three decades. If this trend continues, it’s projected that most of the territory, including its critical infrastructure, will be below the high-tide level by 2050.

More...

 

 

In Gaza, mounting evidence of famine and widespread starvation

Starvation in GazaAccording to the Integrated Food Security Phase Classification (IPC) platform, two out of three famine thresholds have been reached in Gaza: plummeting food consumption and acute malnutrition. Famine has not been declared as the third criteria, deaths from malnutrition, cannot be demonstrated.

There is mounting evidence that “widespread starvation, malnutrition and disease” are driving a rise in hunger-related deaths, which is the third famine indicator.

“It's clearly a disaster unfolding in front of our eyes, in front of our television screens,” said Ross Smith, UN World Food Programme (WFP) director of emergencies.

“This is not a warning, this is a call to action. This is unlike anything we have seen in this century,” he told journalists in Geneva.

The context to the alert is stark: one in three people is now going without food for days at a time, the IPC said. Hospitals are also overwhelmed and have treated more than 20,000 children for acute malnutrition since April. At least 16 children under five have died from hunger-related causes since mid-July.

The alert follows a May 2025 IPC analysis that projected catastrophic levels of food insecurity for the entire population by September. According to the platform’s experts, at least half a million people are expected to be in IPC Phase 5 – catastrophe – which is marked by starvation, destitution and death.

More...

Israeli settler kills West Bank activist who worked on Oscar-winning film

Israeli settler kills activistAn Israeli settler has shot and killed Palestinian activist and teacher Odeh Muhammad Hadalin in the village of Umm al-Khair, in Masafer Yatta, in the occupied West Bank, local officials and journalists said.

Hadalin was well known for his activism, including helping the creators of the Oscar-winning film No Other Land, which documents Israeli settler and soldier attacks on the Palestinian community of Masafer Yatta.

Hadalin “was shot dead by settlers… during their attack on the village of Umm al-Khair” near Hebron, the Palestinian Authority’s Ministry of Education wrote on social media late on Monday.

The two filmmakers behind No Other Land – Israeli journalist Yuval Abraham and Palestinian journalist Basel Adra – also confirmed that the activist was shot and killed.

“My dear friend Awdah was slaughtered this evening,” Adra wrote on social media.

“He was standing in front of the community centre in his village when a settler fired a bullet that pierced his chest and took his life,” he said.

“This is how Israel erases us — one life at a time."

More...

 

 

 

Trump gives Russia less than two weeks to reach peace deal with Ukraine

Trump warns PutinPresident Donald Trump on Monday reduced to less than two weeks his deadline for Russian President Vladimir Putin to either reach a peace deal with Ukraine or face massive “secondary tariffs” on Moscow’s trade partners.

Trump previously gave Putin a 50-day deadline, which was set to expire in early September.

President Donald Trump on Monday reduced to less than two weeks his deadline for Russian President Vladimir Putin to either reach a peace deal with Ukraine or face massive “secondary tariffs” on Moscow’s trade partners.

Trump previously gave Putin a 50-day deadline, which was set to expire in early September.

But he said Monday that the U.S. does not see “any progress being made.”

“I’m going to make a new deadline of about …10 or 12 days from today,” Trump said in Scotland alongside British Prime Minister Keir Starmer.

But he said Monday that the U.S. does not see “any progress being made.”

“I’m going to make a new deadline of about …10 or 12 days from today,” Trump said in Scotland alongside British Prime Minister Keir Starmer.

More...

Dropped cases against LA protesters reveal false claims from federal agents

Dropped cases against LA protestersRevealed: records show border patrol gave inaccurate testimony about people it jailed. Prosecutors now face ‘embarrassing’ dismissals

US immigration officers made false and misleading statements in their reports about several Los Angeles protesters they arrested during the massive demonstrations that rocked the city in June, according to federal law enforcement files obtained by the Guardian.

The officers’ testimony was cited in at least five cases filed by the US Department of Justice amid the unrest. The justice department has charged at least 26 people with “assaulting” and “impeding” federal officers and other crimes during the protests over immigration raids. Prosecutors, however, have since been forced to dismiss at least eight of those felonies, many of them which relied on officers’ inaccurate reports, court records show.

More...

Page 21 of 1151

 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!