TV News LIES

Saturday, Aug 30th

Last update08:44:22 AM GMT

You are here All News At a Glance

‘People have seen through him and he’s not welcome’: Scotland tees up for Trump visit

Scotland is already greatRohan Beyts first visited the dunes overlooking the slate grey North Sea at Menie, Aberdeenshire, as a teenager. Later she brought her own children to play across the spectacular landscape of dunes and slacks, vibrant with butterflies and wildflowers.

Rohan Beyts first visited the dunes overlooking the slate grey North Sea at Menie, Aberdeenshire, as a teenager. Later she brought her own children to play across the spectacular landscape of dunes and slacks, vibrant with butterflies and wildflowers.

Beyts attended the initial meeting called in 2006 to galvanise local resistance to the then business tycoon Donald Trump’s plans to bulldoze this legally protected site of ecological rarity to make way for his first Scottish golf resort.

“I’ve been at this for 19 years,” she says, ahead of the now US president’s expected Friday evening arrival in Scotland. “I’m still disgusted by what Trump did at Menie and now what he is doing across the rest of the world.”

After a bitter and protracted dispute with local people and environmentalists, who fought to save the dunes and the dwellings around them, Trump eventually won planning permission to build “the world’s greatest golf course”. At the time, he promised a £1bn coastal resort including expansive courses, luxury housing and high-rise timeshare flats – promises Beyts points out have yet to be fulfilled.

“Where’s the huge development that was heralded as replacement jobs for the oil industry? I don’t understand how the politicians were so taken in,” she adds.

More...

Hegseth’s ousting of female leaders may have ‘chilling effect’ at Pentagon

Hegseth interfering with GeneralsThe unexplained removal of the first female head of the U.S. Naval Academy last week is the latest in a string of top military women who have either been fired or redelegated to largely invisible roles under the Trump administration.

The ousting of Vice Adm. Yvette Davids from her post as the first female superintendent of the academy in Annapolis, Md., makes her one of at least five senior female service members who have been moved out of their roles since January.

That trend, coupled with Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth’s well-documented antipathy toward women in combat roles prior to becoming Pentagon chief, could have a chilling effect on women enlisting in the armed forces, experts say.

"It’s hard not to come to the conclusion that it’s going to weaken our military force by undermining the role of women who have become, I believe, an intrinsic part of our military capability,” said Leon Panetta, a former defense secretary in the Obama administration.

Panetta, who in 2013 announced that all combat roles would soon be open to women — a shift that eventually came in 2015 — told The Hill that the Trump administration’s removal of female leaders from the ranks, often without explanation, will have impacts on morale for female service members.

More...

 

 

Stabbing spree at Michigan Walmart leaves 11 injured, six critically

11 stabbed un Michigan WalmartAuthorities say a man wielding a folding knife stabbed 11 people near a checkout counter at a Walmart in Traverse City, Michigan.

Grand Traverse County Sheriff Michael Shea told reporters July 26 that the 42-year-old suspect was a Michigan resident and the attack appeared to be random, with a standard folding-style knife. Bystanders at the store helped subdue the suspect, he said.

“Based on the information that we have at this time, they were random acts,” Shea said.

He declined to offer further details about the suspect or possible motives until there was further investigation, which will be aided by the state police and the FBI. The attack happened sometime around 5 p.m. local time.

Munson Healthcare, a healthcare system in northern Michigan, said 11 people were being treated at its medical center.

More...

USAID analysis found no evidence of massive Hamas theft of Gaza aid

No proof Hamas theft- An internal U.S. government analysis found no evidence of systematic theft by the Palestinian militant group Hamas of U.S.-funded humanitarian supplies, challenging the main rationale that Israel and the U.S. give for backing a new armed private aid operation.

The analysis, which has not been previously reported, was conducted by a bureau within the U.S. Agency for International Development and completed in late June. It examined 156 incidents of theft or loss of U.S.-funded supplies reported by U.S. aid partner organizations between October 2023 and this May.

It found “no reports alleging Hamas” benefited from U.S.-funded supplies, according to a slide presentation of the findings seen by Reuters.

A State Department spokesperson disputed the findings, saying there is video evidence of Hamas looting aid, but provided no such videos. The spokesperson also accused traditional humanitarian groups of covering up "aid corruption."

More...

Russia-Ukraine war: List of key events, day 1,248

Ukranians carry coffins of comradesUkraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said Ukrainian forces were facing fierce fighting around the city of Pokrovsk in the country’s east, a logistics hub near where Russia’s military has been announcing the near-daily capture of Ukrainian villages.

Ukraine’s top commander, Oleksandr Syrskii, described Pokrovsk and five other sectors as among the most difficult theatres of war along the 1,000km (620-mile) front with Russia.

Earlier on Friday, Russia’s Ministry of Defence announced the capture of two villages on either side of Pokrovsk – Zvirove to the west and Novoekonomichne to the east. A third village – Novotoretske – near Pokrovsk was declared “liberated” by Moscow earlier this week.

President Zelenskyy said Ukrainian forces were also “continuing to act” in border areas in the northern Sumy region, where Russian troops have gained a foothold in recent weeks.

According to the popular Ukrainian military blog DeepState, Kyiv’s forces have retaken the previously lost village of Kindrativka in Sumy.

More...

4 things to know about Gaza right now amid warnings of 'mass starvation' risk

Starvation in GazaHunger and disease continue to stalk Palestinians in Gaza, and aid organizations are warning that children are at greatest risk of starvation. The latest dire warnings come as Israeli attacks have forced the population into an increasingly confined area and aid deliveries have all but halted.

In March, the collapse of a temporary truce that had begun in January marked the start of a new and deadly phase of the conflict, as Israel resumed its bombardment of Gaza. Despite pressure from President Trump on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to accept a new ceasefire, negotiations have so far stalled.

U.S. Middle East envoy Steve Witkoff traveled to Italy this week to meet with officials from Israel and Qatar to try to broker a new ceasefire that would halt the fighting that began with the Oct. 7, 2023, attack on Israel led by Gaza-based fighters of Hamas, who killed nearly 1,200 people in Israel and kidnapped 251 others. The January truce was meant to facilitate the return of the remaining 50 Israeli hostages, fewer than half of whom are still believed alive.

On Thursday, however, Witkoff posted on X that U.S. team members were returning from Qatar, which has hosted the talks, because the response from Hamas "clearly shows a lack of desire to reach a ceasefire in Gaza."

This week, some 100 aid and human rights groups warned that Gaza is at risk of "mass starvation."

Here is a brief summary of the situation in Gaza, which includes reporting from NPR's Anas Baba in Gaza City:

More...

 

Two top Noaa officials linked to Trump’s ‘Sharpiegate’ incident put on leave

SharpiegateTwo high-ranking officials at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration were placed on administrative leave on Friday, fueling speculation that the Trump administration was retaliating against them for actions taken during the president’s first term.

Two high-ranking officials at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration were placed on administrative leave on Friday, fueling speculation that the Trump administration was retaliating against them for actions taken during the president’s first term.

Jeff Dillen, who was serving as deputy general counsel, and Stephen Volz, who heads the agency’s satellites division, led the investigation into whether agency administrators abdicated their scientific ethics when they altered the forecast of a deadly hurricane to match statements made by the president.

First reported by CNN, the two were placed on leave just days before Neil Jacobs – the former Noaa chief at the center of the scandal – returns for a confirmation hearing as Donald Trump’s pick to lead the agency once again.

During the 2019 debacle known as “Sharpiegate”, named for erroneous marks added by marker on a National Hurricane Center map to justify incorrect claims made by the president that Hurricane Dorian would reach Alabama – a path not in line with what forecasters initially reported – left a blemish on the science-focused agency’s record. The investigation, it was announced in June 2020, found Jacobs and another official had violated the agency’s “scientific integrity policy”, when they succumbed to political pressure.

More...

 

Immigration agents told a teenage US citizen: ‘You’ve got no rights.’ He secretly recorded his brutal arrest

Kenny Laynez-AmbrossioOn the morning of 2 May, teenager Kenny Laynez-Ambrosio was driving to his landscaping job in North Palm Beach with his mother and two male friends when they were pulled over by the Florida highway patrol.

In one swift moment, a traffic stop turned into a violent arrest.More...

A highway patrol officer asked everyone in the van to identify themselves, then called for backup. Officers with US border patrol arrived on the scene.

Video footage of the incident captured by Laynez-Ambrosio, an 18-year-old US citizen, appears to show a group of officers in tactical gear working together to violently detain the three men*, two of whom are undocumented. They appear to use a stun gun on one man, put another in a chokehold and can be heard telling Laynez-Ambrosio: “You’ve got no rights here. You’re a migo, brother.” Afterward, agents can be heard bragging and making light of the arrests, calling the stun gun use “funny” and quipping: “You can smell that … $30,000 bonus.”

More...

 

Two injured after Southwest plane plummets to avoid potential collision

SW plane divesTwo Southwest Airlines flight attendants are being treated for injuries after a passenger jet heading to Las Vegas from southern California took a dramatic plunge shortly after takeoff on Friday, the airline and passengers said.

Southwest flight 1496, headed from Burbank to Las Vegas, received two alerts that made the plane climb and then descend, according to a statement from Southwest.

Reported by ABC and according to flight trackers FlightRadar24 and AirNavRadar, the plane avoided a collision with a Hawker Hunter jet, currently registered to a Non-Citizen Corporation, according to FAA registration logs.

Southwest said that the flight continued to Las Vegas, where it landed “uneventfully”, and that the airline is working with the FAA to “further understand the circumstances of the event”.

More...

 

Page 23 of 1151

 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!