TV News LIES

Saturday, Aug 30th

Last update08:44:22 AM GMT

You are here All News At a Glance Human Rights Glance

Both the US and El Salvador refuse to return wrongly deported man to the US

Bukele and TrumpPresident Donald Trump’s top advisers and Nayib Bukele, the president of El Salvador, said Monday that they had no basis for the small Central American nation to return Kilmar Abrego Garcia, a Maryland man who was wrongly deported there last month.

Trump administration officials emphasized that Abrego Garcia, who was sent to a notorious gang prison in El Salvador, was a citizen of that country and that the U.S. has no say in his future. And Bukele, who has been a vital partner for the Trump administration in its deportation efforts, said he does not “have the power to return him to the United States.”

The Supreme Court has ruled that the Trump administration must “facilitate” Abrego Garcia’s return.

More...

Judges, Attorneys Face Trump’s Salvadoran Black Hole

El Salvador prisonHenrry Jose Albornoz Quintero was scheduled to attend an immigration court hearing in El Paso Thursday. He didn’t. The immigration judge presiding over his case was not happy.

“He just disappeared? What happened?”

The Trump administration lawyer either could not say — or would not.

“All I can disclose at the moment is that he’s no longer in ICE custody,” the lawyer said, according to the notes of Albornoz Quintero’s attorney, who attended the hearing.

The attorney believes his client is languishing at Centro de Confinamiento del Terrorismo (CECOT), the Salvadoran mega-prison where the United States sent hundreds of migrants last month. The Trump administration has sent some people to the prison under the Alien Enemies Act, a rarely used wartime power; Trump claims alleged Tren de Aragua gang members are the equivalent to an invading army.

Others were sent to CECOT after receiving standard deportation orders from immigration judges.

More...

The Case Against Mahmoud Khalil Hinges on Vague “Antisemitism” Claim

Mahmoud Khalil

Mahmoud Khalil’s attorneys on Thursday blasted a court filing from Secretary of State Marco Rubio claiming he has the ability to remove noncitizens for their speech and beliefs, a filing that came after an immigration judge demanded the government present evidence against the former Columbia University student as it seeks to deport him.

In his memo, obtained by The Associated Press, Rubio cited a rarely used provision of law that says the secretary of State can deport a noncitizen if they pose a threat to foreign policy.

Rubio argues if Khalil remains in the country, it would harm “U.S. policy to combat anti-Semitism around the world and in the United States, in addition to efforts to protect Jewish students from harassment and violence in the United States.”

The memo came after Louisiana Judge Jamee Comans ordered the federal government on Wednesday to produce evidence against Khalil within 24 hours, saying she would make a ruling on whether or not he could be deported on Friday.

More...

New York mayor closes shelters for asylum seekers amid rightward turn

NYC closss asylum shelters

The New York city mayor, Eric Adams, announced on Tuesday that an additional 25 shelters used to house asylum seekers will be closing in the coming two months.

The move comes amid a rightward tack by Adams, especially on the issue of immigration, which has seen him hew close to the incoming Donald Trump administration, which has plans for a mass deportation of millions of undocumented immigrants.

The number of asylum seekers in city shelters is now at its lowest point in 17 months after decreasing for 22 straight weeks.

Among the closing shelters are the Humanitarian Emergency Response and Relief Center at Floyd Bennett Field, which houses about 2,000 people, with housing costs paid by New York state. The state will continue to reimburse New York City for the costs for equivalent care incurred at other migrant housing sites across the city.

More...

Leonard Peltier, Indigenous activist in prison for 47 years over FBI killings, has parole hearing

Leonard Peltier

Leonard Peltier, a Native American activist who has served nearly 50 years in prison for the killing of two FBI agents, was due to have his first parole hearing since 2009 on Monday, his lawyer said.

Peltier, 79, has maintained that he did not kill the FBI special agents Jack Coler and Ronald Williams in 1975 on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. Advocates, including figures such as the late Nelson Mandela and a former prosecutor and judge involved in his case, have long said he should be freed because of what they call legal irregularities in his trial.

Read more...

Florida blocks heat protections for workers right before summer

DiSantis blocks heat protection for workersFlorida Gov. Ron DeSantis has signed a law that prevents cities or counties from creating protections for workers who labor in the state's often extreme and dangerous heat.

Two million people in Florida, from construction to agriculture, work outside in often humid, blazing heat.

For years, many of them have asked for rules to protect them from heat: paid rest breaks, water, and access to shade when temperatures soar. After years of negotiations, such rules were on the agenda in Miami-Dade County, home to an estimated 300,000 outdoor workers.

But the new law, signed Thursday evening, blocks such protections from being implemented in cities and counties across the state.

TVNL Comment: There is no bottom for DiSantis and his cohorts.  Bottom feeders always find a way to go lower.

More...


'Unforgivable': World Central Kitchen founder Jose Andres accuses Israel of committing 'war against humanity'

Jose Andres

Andrés dismissed Israel's explanation in his interview, telling ABC News: "Every time something happens, we cannot just be bringing Hamas into the equation."

Andrés' interview came on the six-month anniversary of Hamas' deadly Oct. 7 attack on Israel, which launched the war in Gaza.

The United States is pressuring Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his government over the rising number of civilian deaths in Gaza. Some officials have suggested cutting off aid to Israel in an effort to forge a cease-fire.

Read more...

Page 16 of 198

 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!